Mission & Principles
The mission of Charter School of New Castle is to provide a safe, nurturing, and rigorous multi-cultural environment that develops the academic and social skills and character traits necessary for future success.
The Principles of Delaware Charter Schools
The Principles of Delaware Charter Schools are built upon the concept that public charter schools have been authorized to operate with increased autonomy at the school level to develop strategies to produce success in public education in exchange for clearly defined accountability to maximize student performance.
- Delaware Charter Schools hold themselves to performance-based accountability that is centered on student achievement, fiscal responsibility, responsible governance, and community support.
- Delaware Charter Schools strengthen the state's portfolio of public schools by providing mission-driven, high-quality choices to families.
- Delaware Charter Schools enhance critical parent, teacher, and community participation in school-wide initiatives.
- Delaware Charter Schools pioneer the development of effective school-based management practices.
- Delaware Charter Schools improve public education state-wide by incubating and perfecting best practices in the field, participating in collaborative efforts to share successful strategies, and replicating when possible.
- Delaware Charter Schools thrive in an environment that supports autonomy.
- Delaware Charter Schools partner with their authorizers, working together to strengthen student achievement by developing clear expectations that are measured by outcomes, not processes.
- Delaware Charter Schools have the responsibility to succeed and accept that continued authorization to operate is wholly based on achieving the defined, performance-based expectations of the school.